My name is Guanrui Li（Chinese Characters: 李冠睿), pronounced as “Guan(冠) Ray(睿) Li(李)”. You can call me Rui(Ray) for short.
Currently I am a fourth-year PhD student of the ECE department at Tandon school of Engineering, New York University, supervised by Prof. Giuseppe Loianno, Principle Investigator of Agile Robotics and Perception Lab(ARPL).
I got a master degree of Robotics at the University of Pennsylvania. During my time at UPenn, I participated in research projects supervised by Prof. Vijay Kumar and Prof. Mark Yim at the GRASP Lab. After master graduation, I stayed working as a full time research assistant in the ModLab, supervised by Prof. Mark Yim for half year. Then I moved to Pittsburgh working as a full time research staff for another half year in the AirLab at the Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, supervised by Prof. Sebastian Scherer.
Before coming to the US, I got my bachelor degree at the Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) in China majoring Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
You can check my publication and some interesting photos in my life on this website.
- May, 2023. I was selected as NSF CPS Rising Star
- May, 2022. LMPC is selected as Outstanding Deployed System Paper Award Finalist at IEEE ICRA 2022
- Apr, 2022. Honored to have been awarded the Dante Youla Award for Graduate Research Excellence at NYU Tandon
- Feb, 2022. LMPC featured on IEEE Spectrum Video Friday
- May, 2021. My RA-L paper featured in and IEEE Spectrum Video Friday
- Mar, 2021. PCMPC featured in IEEE Spectrum article